Monday 8 April 2019

Ramadaan Prep 2019

The month of Sha'baan has begun and also our countdown to Ramadaan! So here's a reminder of the list I wrote last year of useful things to do.

This year, I've decided to take it easy with the planning on the kids' side of things. We're just going to focus on their Arabic (language, reading, writing) and their hifz, while putting their formal Literacy and Numeracy topics to the side. Our Science topic for the month will simply be plants and observing how they grow, which we'll be doing anyway with their sunflowers and tulips in the garden...

I've also bought this book, My First Quran with Pictures - Juz' Amma Part 1, which I plan to do a page each day with the girls insha'Allah. Just reading the page and discussing the meaning at a level appropriate to their understanding.

I'm also being realistic with my personal targets and don't expect to finish the whole Quran during Ramadaan - I'm keeping the goal of reading as much as I'm able to each morning before Fajr. As long as I read something, it's better than nothing!

I made this timetable to help me stay organised (and motivated!) for the month.

Batch cooking onions/garlic/ginger/tomatoes for the freezer is still on my list of things to do though! And I've bought a few Eid gifts already. Just need to find the girls some dresses, ideally before Ramadaan starts. 😁

And we made our usual homemade Ramadaan calendar for them to put stickers on each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment