Saturday 18 January 2020

Madinah Arabic Reader Book 1 Flashcards

I started making these cards as we went through the first Madinah Arabic Reader book, as I thought the visual aids would be useful in terms of learning the new vocabulary and for building sentences of our own as new grammar patterns were introduced.

Alhamdulillah, after a long break (when I started we didn't have a colour printer which is why these cards are in black and white! Then for continuity's sake I continued making them in this way and colouring everything by hand) I've finally finished all the cards I wanted to make for Madinah Book 1.

Lessons 1-4

Lessons 5-7

Lessons 8-10

Here's an example of what they look like once coloured and laminated:



I chose to colour code the borders to help differentiate between the different kinds of word, thinking this would help with memory and understanding!

Red: Noun (masculine)
Pink: Noun (feminine)
Brown: Proper noun (e.g. countries)
Orange: e.g. "here", "there"
Blue: Adjective
Yellow: Preposition (requires following word to have a kasra)
Purple: Time (e.g. "now", "after")
Green: Miscellaneous (e.g. "very", "also")

I've not included the verbs mentioned in the book as I've made a separate set of verb flashcards - so will be using those alongside these.

We've found these cards useful so I'll continue making them for Madinah Book 2 - but this time I'll upload them in chapter batches as we go along rather than in bulk when we finally finish the book InshaAllah!

No comments:

Post a Comment