Saturday 7 April 2018

Literacy/Numeracy/Science Targets - Years 1 & 2

Home educators are under no obligation to follow the National Curriculum; however, I like having that benchmark and to know what children of the same age are expected to know by the end of each academic year. So I've used the Primary National Curriculum (last updated 2015) and the Primary Framework for Literacy and Mathematics (last updated 2010) to put together a list of targets for Year 1 and Year 2, in preparation for our next academic year insha'Allah - the year my girls would be in and the year ahead in order to see next steps.

Year 1 - Literacy
Year 2 - Literacy

Year 1 - Numeracy
Year 2 - Numeracy

Year 1 - Science
Year 2 - Science

Feel free to edit the Excel files to suit your own needs! Obviously, I have two columns to show progress as I have two children to assess. 😊 I use the triangle method to record attainment, i.e. one side to show basic awareness, two sides for some understanding, three sides for solid understanding.

I hope someone else finds these target sheets beneficial. 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment