Monday 14 May 2018

Simple Paper Mobile


To finish off our topic on the six articles of faith, I thought it'd be nice to make a craft to summarise what the articles are... So we made some paper mobiles. 😊

We used A4 coloured card cut in half lengthways for the main body. Along the top they used a medium star-shaped holepunch (0.6 inches) and along the bottom they used a large heart-shaped holepunch (1 inch) to cut out 6 hearts - one for each article (around 4.5cm between each one). I bought our holepunches from Hobbycraft since they were on sale, but I'm sure you can find similar for cheaper online. 👍 In the centre of the strip of card they wrote "The Six Articles of Faith", then decorated with glitter gel pens and stickers.

For the hanging part, we used shiny paper around 4cm wide (when it's time to repeat this for younger siblings, insha'Allah, I'll probably get them to write on different paper then stick on as labels, since the shiny paper was difficult to write on/smudged easily!) and used the star-shaped holepunch to cut out a star in the centre at the top of each. Then they wrote one article on each (singing our song from before to help - without any prompting from me! 😂)

Finally, they chose which coloured ribbon they wanted to put through each article, and which two colours they wanted for the top - then I had the (tedious lol) task of tying them all on. 😏 I used the first ribbon to measure out the length I wanted, then used that as a template for the rest. Same for the top ribbons - these, I threaded through opposite stars so the two ribbons made a cross in the centre, then tied all four ends together at the top.

I hung their mobiles on display in their bedroom (they have a piece of string going across the room for this purpose... paintings, posters, etc.!) using a mini wooden craft peg to keep them up. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment